The Bruhawachet Sno Trackers Trail System shall remain open through the April 1-2 weekend.
The Bruhawachet Trail System has withstood a pretty up and down winter this year. Blowdowns were cleared and trails were groomed this week with conditions as follows:
- 50% of trails are very good
- 30% of trails are good
- 15% of trails are fair
- 2% of trails have ice and
- 3% of trails have dirt
There is two feet of snow on the higher elevations. Stinson Mountain was groomed twice this week.
Our trails received 8 to 12 plus inches of fluffy snow from this weeks snowstorm. Groomers were out today grooming and clearing blowdowns. Trails are in great shape but some need traffic to pack the snow. Stinson Mtn not groomed yet. With the weather forecast we should see two more weekends of great riding.
- North Trail good except for several deep waterbars and open wet areas.
- Stinson Lake Road good but icy.
- Quick Lunch good. Some rocks showing.
- Mead Swamp Trail good except the southern slopes have very little snow. Most of trail is smooth and covered.
- Wheatons Trail Good.
- Watts Trail fair with thin cover and dirt.
- South Trail good.
- Stinson Mountain poor. Icy at top.
- Three Ponds, Kineo and Brown Brook are probably good but watch for trees down.
Mother Nature has not been kind to us over the last couple weeks. Warm temps then rain and now cold temps has opened up water bars and provided icy trails. Bruhawachet trails were checked today and found that 30% of our trails are SOLID ICE. It is not recommended that you ride this weekend. Although we have a solid smooth base it is unsafe.
We have received 2 feet of snow in the last 10 days. Excellent riding throughout our region. Just in time for winter vacations, so enjoy it while it lasts!
This week’s storm left 1-3 inches of packed snow and sleet; the warm weather has softened up the trail base. Riding is still good but the colder temps are needed before the groomers go out. Groomers will be out Friday.
REMINDER: THIS WEEKEND IS TRI-STATE RECIPROCAL WEEKEND. EXPECT HEAVIER TRAFFIC.